Saturday, November 14, 2009

off topic but so important to me

So I was planning to go see my mentor and dear friend, Fr. Jovian Lang, OFM, a week ago today. Planned this stop on my way to Indianapolis to vist Maggie and Dave for Maggie's birthday. But Thursday night I got a call that Fr. Jovian had died. A call confirmed that information. So, Fr. Jovian Lang, OFM died on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009. He was 90 years old and had been failing for some time, physically and mentally. The last time I saw him I don't think he really recognized me. It is so hard to lose that last person who knew you when. He was a great man and a great influence on my life. Requiescat in pace, dear Padre. Pray for all of us!

While visiting with Maggie, on her birthday, we went for a walk on the Monon Trail. Maggie said it was 9 miles total; Dave said 10. I think I will believe Dave! We took my granddogs with us: Thomas and Penny. Quite fun to walk along a mostly wooded trail with two bird dogs! Well, bird and squirrel dogs. It was a beautiful day and the trail was busy: walkers and runners and bicyclists - oh my! Good training for the camino.

Hmm! Now Fr. Jovian can go with us on the camino in spirit which he could not have done in the body. But I will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment